We address issues surrounding student wellbeing in a number of ways:
● Excellent relationships between students and staff where students feel safe enough to share difficulties and challenges.
● An open policy that makes sure students know where to seek support if and when it’s needed.
● A tutor group, class group and year group system which builds secure small communities within the school. In these environments, students feel more comfortable to seek the support of peers and staff.
● Personal, Social and Health Education delivered as part of our pastoral curriculum.
● A student counselling service.
● A dedicated safeguarding team.